Monday, March 22, 2010

On Failure

Brown bag lunch, day number 1.

Lunch on menu: Fresh deli pastrami cut thick on wheat with mayo and a Dijon mustard, onion, and provolone. Side: sliced pineapple out of the can and a small gala apple. Desert: Girl scout cookies – Tagalongs. Hot damn!

Location at lunch time: home in the fridge where I put it after preparing it last night. &*(%^!!!!! (A professor once told me that the exclamation point is pariah to a serious writer but I think this is an appropriate moment for its ubiquitous use.) &$%#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though the fact that I’m lucky to get to work with my pants on right at 6 in the morning is noted I woke up this morning with an excited expectation for good food and the appropriate moral approbation to go with it. Now I’m just another douche at the office. Failure brings a tear to my eye and a rumble to my stomach.

1 comment:

  1. I had a sandwich and tagalongs for lunch yesterday, and it was my first brown-bag day, too. Fear not. You will succeed.

    ReplyDelete